Komandoo Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Komandoo Island

Unofficial forum for discussion of Komandoo Island Resort

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

drinking water and room amenities

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mercuri

mercuri

drinking water and room amenities Empty
PostSubject: drinking water and room amenities   drinking water and room amenities I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 10:01 pm

I wonder if Komandoo provides drinking water of do we need to buy? If they provide, how many liters a day? I am looking to see if I should upgrade to full board?

also any coffee and tea making facilities in the villas? or they don't even provide a kettle?
Back to top Go down
Richard

Richard

PostSubject: Re: drinking water and room amenities   drinking water and room amenities I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:57 am

mercuri wrote:
I wonder if Komandoo provides drinking water of do we need to buy? If they provide, how many liters a day? I am looking to see if I should upgrade to full board?

also any coffee and tea making facilities in the villas? or they don't even provide a kettle?

Mercuri

Yes you have the facility to make tea / coffee in the villa. As I understand it, if you are a on pay as you go deal, you can use the basic powder coffee / tea bags for free. They have speciallity coffee capsules which fit in the machine but you would pay extra for that. But they room boys seem to be under orders to leave only a limited supply of the basic stuff, perhaps take some extras. I would state that it's not the hottest cup of tea/coffee you will ever have!

I'm unsure on the water charge if you are pay as you go. But I think you get 2 litres a day left in the room (per person)

I've made various comments on the mertit of All In v Pay as you go in previous posts. Perhaps read those and do the maths to see if it works for you.

From a personal view, I would always go All-In. The maths works well for us. Your bar bill can ramp up quickly as a soft drink is around $5, start mixing alcohol into that and you will surprised what you sign for at the end of the evening Shocked

Richard
Back to top Go down
mercuri

mercuri

PostSubject: Re: drinking water and room amenities   drinking water and room amenities I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 7:21 pm

Hi Richard, thanks for the reply. We are on room and breakfast only. When I book via expedia there is no option to upgrade to full board hence the dilemma.

So currently working out which is better, doing ala carte style or going for full board. We are not big eaters nor we are huge drinkers, for starters my wife is allergic to alcohol but I do plan to have an occasional cold beer. I've heard from some other forums that there are people who actually brings snacks, water and food to the resort!

I need my regular dose of coffee to kick start my day hence the question. perhaps I'd to bring some 3 in 1 coffee sachets? Razz Twisted Evil . I trust that they have at least a kettle inside the room?
Back to top Go down
Richard

Richard

PostSubject: Re: drinking water and room amenities   drinking water and room amenities I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 7:38 am

mercuri wrote:
Hi Richard, thanks for the reply. We are on room and breakfast only. When I book via expedia there is no option to upgrade to full board hence the dilemma.

So currently working out which is better, doing ala carte style or going for full board. We are not big eaters nor we are huge drinkers, for starters my wife is allergic to alcohol but I do plan to have an occasional cold beer. I've heard from some other forums that there are people who actually brings snacks, water and food to the resort!

I need my regular dose of coffee to kick start my day hence the question. perhaps I'd to bring some 3 in 1 coffee sachets? Razz Twisted Evil . I trust that they have at least a kettle inside the room?

Mercuri

No it's not a kettle in the room, but a coffee machine. To make hot water you just run it without the coffee capsules that fit into it. Hence my comment about it not being the hotest cup you will ever have !

We have taken the odd snack item, but only in so much as peanuts, cheese biscuits etc to have with the 'Sun Downer' from the mini bar Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mercuri

mercuri

PostSubject: Re: drinking water and room amenities   drinking water and room amenities I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 7:09 pm

Richard wrote:

Mercuri

No it's not a kettle in the room, but a coffee machine. To make hot water you just run it without the coffee capsules that fit into it. Hence my comment about it not being the hotest cup you will ever have !

We have taken the odd snack item, but only in so much as peanuts, cheese biscuits etc to have with the 'Sun Downer' from the mini bar Very Happy

well not the hottest cup is at least better than no coffee.. Embarassed

will probably bring some snacks along. Since we have 20+20kgs allowance. I don't think we'd pack much clothes as it's in an Island. So snacks it is!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: drinking water and room amenities   drinking water and room amenities I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

drinking water and room amenities
Page 1 of 1