Komandoo Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Komandoo Island

Unofficial forum for discussion of Komandoo Island Resort

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Best JWV TO STAY IN ??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
caroline.tidswell

Best JWV TO STAY IN ??  Empty
PostSubject: Best JWV TO STAY IN ??    Best JWV TO STAY IN ??  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 9:10 am

Hi all...

Its getting closer to the day we arrive at Kamandoo and I am sooo Looking forward to it. Very Happy

Last little details to think about now so looking at which room to stay in!!

OK! What I would like is to watch the Sun Set....I love the sun, so all day would be great for me. If I had to choose it would probably be afternoon sun!! But lets see what info you lot out there can provide me with.

I have read that some wv's face another occupied Island. Is it close? Can you be seen?
Not sure I like the sould of that.

Its my Honeymoon so privacy would be good... Laughing

So...What do you reckon...??

All ideas welcome. xx

Back to top Go down
Richard

Richard

PostSubject: Re: Best JWV TO STAY IN ??    Best JWV TO STAY IN ??  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 6:50 am

Caroline

I've never stayed in a JWV so can only offer a considered response. As you look at the main forum picture the local Island will be to the left. So I would guess that perhaps from the last 3 or 4 JWV decks you would see the Island. It certainly is not close enough for you to worry about privacy though. You comment on the wish to watch the sun set, that will involve you having a view of the local Island as well.

I've never found it to be a problem, yes it's there, yes it's a working Island.

Enjoy your trip and be sure to post a 'Trip Report' on your return

Richard
Back to top Go down
caroline.tidswell

PostSubject: Re: Best JWV TO STAY IN ??    Best JWV TO STAY IN ??  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 1:42 pm

Richard wrote:
Caroline

I've never stayed in a JWV so can only offer a considered response. As you look at the main forum picture the local Island will be to the left. So I would guess that perhaps from the last 3 or 4 JWV decks you would see the Island. It certainly is not close enough for you to worry about privacy though. You comment on the wish to watch the sun set, that will involve you having a view of the local Island as well.

I've never found it to be a problem, yes it's there, yes it's a working Island.

Enjoy your trip and be sure to post a 'Trip Report' on your return

Richard

Hi Ricahard

Thank you for the info. Can you tell me if the sunset side is facing east? Ive read that you get the sun on the terrace all afternoon.
Back to top Go down
cpsarros

PostSubject: Re: Best JWV TO STAY IN ??    Best JWV TO STAY IN ??  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 4:23 pm

Hi Caroline,
I am afraid that there is no place in earth that the sunset is visible from the east side.
Here is satellite image showing Komandoo and Hinnavaru (the island on the right side)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The distance between the islands is 1Km.
Also have a look at this photo:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Photographer is facing the North Pole. You can see JWV located south of the island.

I am quite sure that you will like the island whatever side you stay in.
Back to top Go down
JanG

JanG

PostSubject: Re: Best JWV TO STAY IN ??    Best JWV TO STAY IN ??  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:34 pm

Hi Caroline,

We stayed in JWV Eagle Ray 4 last October and watched some great sunsets - yes you're opposite the inhabited island but don't worry it's not that close that you can be seen, you certainly can't see anyone on the island from the JWVs. As for privacy at the villa there's a partition on one side of your terrace so you can't be seen from the next-door JWV (and of course you can't see them either). At certain times of day you can hear the call to prayers drifting across from the island but far from being intrusive it was quite nice to hear life going on while we'd put ours on hold for a couple of weeks!

The only people you're likely to see from your terrace are the odd passer-by who may have felt lively enough to take out a kayak to paddle around the island or snorkelers but as they're going to be some 10 feet lower than your decking they're not able to see into the villas, but you might be seen if you're on the balcony.

Hope this is helpful!

Jan

Back to top Go down
caroline.tidswell

PostSubject: Re: Best JWV TO STAY IN ??    Best JWV TO STAY IN ??  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 5:24 am

JanG wrote:
Hi Caroline,

We stayed in JWV Eagle Ray 4 last October and watched some great sunsets - yes you're opposite the inhabited island but don't worry it's not that close that you can be seen, you certainly can't see anyone on the island from the JWVs. As for privacy at the villa there's a partition on one side of your terrace so you can't be seen from the next-door JWV (and of course you can't see them either). At certain times of day you can hear the call to prayers drifting across from the island but far from being intrusive it was quite nice to hear life going on while we'd put ours on hold for a couple of weeks!

The only people you're likely to see from your terrace are the odd passer-by who may have felt lively enough to take out a kayak to paddle around the island or snorkelers but as they're going to be some 10 feet lower than your decking they're not able to see into the villas, but you might be seen if you're on the balcony.

Hope this is helpful!

Jan

Jan

Great help! Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best JWV TO STAY IN ??    Best JWV TO STAY IN ??  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best JWV TO STAY IN ??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Komandoo Island :: General Komandoo Discussion-
Jump to: