Komandoo Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Komandoo Island

Unofficial forum for discussion of Komandoo Island Resort

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Night Fishing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mick

Mick

Night Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Night Fishing   Night Fishing I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:12 am

Hi folks

I have noticed on a couple of other Maldive related forums that night fishing has been stopped due to the impact it has on the coral and the fish, those of you in the know cheers has Komandoo stopped this or has the island got plans to do so Question

Mick
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Night Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Fishing   Night Fishing I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 2:49 am

Mick

Dont know about Komandoo, but a large number of Islands have stopped the night fishing for large groups, but it is still a "paid" for excursion, I remember reading that it was the govenment who were starting this to protect coral etc, so imagine it will effect all Islands

Peter
Back to top Go down
https://komandoo.rpg-board.net
zico2000

Night Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Fishing   Night Fishing I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:25 pm

We we did it last week and it was excellent. I caught 6 fish including a larger Trigger fish and the missus caught 5. So not sure where these stories have come from but they simply aren't true.
Back to top Go down
Billy

Billy

Night Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Fishing   Night Fishing I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:15 am

Yes the stories are true. They have started it on Meeru.

Just to clarify. They are pulling back the free AI trips. You can still pay to fish. Big debate over on the Meeru forum.
Back to top Go down
zico2000

Night Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Fishing   Night Fishing I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:32 am

Well they're definitely still doing it for 6-10 people every Thursday on Komandoo. It was paif for at $33 each - there is no Free option.
Back to top Go down
Billy

Billy

Night Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Fishing   Night Fishing I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:36 am

That’s because you paid like I said.

The larger islands are also more aware of the problem to their coral. There was a article on the subject. Like all things they take time to filter down.
Back to top Go down
zico2000

Night Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Fishing   Night Fishing I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:47 am

Okay but I was answering the OP - they are still doing night fishing - whether you pay or not was not what the OP asked Wink
Back to top Go down
Billy

Billy

Night Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Fishing   Night Fishing I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:52 am

Yes you are right mate but did Mick not answer that and then you said.............................
Quote :
So not sure where these stories have come from but they simply aren't true.

The stories are true. The answer is still that you can but will have to pay extra. Wink
Back to top Go down
zico2000

Night Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Fishing   Night Fishing I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 5:00 am

I know what you are saying - although I am a bit confused as I visited Kuredu 5 years ago on AI and you still had to pay for night fishing - so the concept of Free fishing is new to me. I agree with what they are doing though in terms of limiting the fishing as I personally brought up a small piece of coral which I was not pleased about.
Back to top Go down
Billy

Billy

Night Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Fishing   Night Fishing I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 5:03 am

No problem.

On large islands with AI. It was free on most islands.

Now people have to pay the uptake will take a big drop for obviously reasons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Night Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Fishing   Night Fishing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Night Fishing
Page 1 of 1